Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fabulous Fiber Fest Finish!

What a weekend! Anyone that is a fiber enthusiast will appreciate the fun of attending a fiber fest! Its wonderful, because you're encouraged to be totally tactile with what you're buying and there are so many things to touch and feel. The Genesee Valley Fiber Festival is always around this time of year and we had decent weather today, although yesterday was quite wet and damp. I helped out at the Winderwood Farm tent and I must say, I highly recommend people to visit their website on ebay (its on my "Websites I Recommend"). Not only do they have an amazing selection of fiber, but for anyone that does silk fusion--be prepared to spend money! They have silk dyed in every color of the rainbow: its gorgeous and high quality. Here are some pictures from their tent:


The guild also does a skein and garment competition, so here is a picture with some of the beautiful entries for that:


And to have fiber, it helps to have animals. These llamas, cashgoras, and shetland sheep are available for kids and adults alike to pet and get familiar with:




This is the booth of Spinning Bunny, another website I recommend. She has some wonderful colorways of fiber and silk and she's ever so friendly and helpful to poor people like me that get stuck working on a pattern for knitting and come close to throwing it out the window!


I finally followed suit of so many of the creative blogs I love and made a padfolio based on Sue Bleiweiss' directions on the Fibre & Stitch page. This was done with silk fusion in a hope to sell it at the show, but alas, no takers...

1 comment:

Krishna said...

Hi Erica,
I am so jealous, that fibre show looks fantastic. Did you sell much? I was looking at your profile, I am a Leo also.
Keep up the good work, I like to read your blog.
Krishna