Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Evil Toys

Article A: Examine the current bane of my existence in these two toys:




Now, I know I shouldn't complain. I'm very lucky to have a rigid hettle loom and a new drum carder. But these things are seriously trying every ounce of my patience. The first time I warped my loom, I had the help of Bob and Patrick, my friends at Winderwood Farm. So I thought I'd take 45 minutes on Friday night and whip that together and be well on my way weaving by Saturday morning. But the loom decided to teach me humility by having the warping peg fly off the windowsill I had it attached to and then refusing to have any even tension. Needless to say, my loving boyfriend Joe was not happy at being woken up late Friday night to hold my warp threads as I slowly wound them on. Then, in my cranky mood, he thought it would be good for him to give me advice on how to do it. Ah, men.
And then there's the drum carder. Sunday was going to be an easy morning of playing with some scrap fibers and making beautiful bats like my friends at Winderwood make. And of course, the drum carder laughed at me when I cranked it too fast and fibers refused to blend.
So now you know why I have not posted anything lately. Lots of creative ideas, but the tools and I are still getting used to each other. I'm thinking of buying them chocolate to appease them--that usually works for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).