Sunday, November 4, 2007

One more




Ok, these should be the last ones for today. The top two are experiements with model magic being pressed into stamps and then drying for 24 hours. After that, I painted them with Koh-I-Noor watercolors and Twinkling H2Os watercolors. I think I liked the twinkling ones better because the Koh-I-Noor were very intense in color and hard to tone down. I spread Treasure Gold over each of them to bring out the texture. Its funny, I used to hate Treasure Gold, because I had such a hard time getting enough on my finger to rub on a project. Recently, I realized that the Treasure Gold I was using was dried out and that it worked much better when it was still soft! The bottom picture are fragments of handmade paper I made back in January. I used Stewart Gill paints for most of them and embossed them. After that, I rubbed Treasure Gold on most of them. On one, I did a layer of black patinating wax, let it sit before wiping most of it off, and then added the gold.
All little experiements I hope to turn into something bigger one day!

No comments: