Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fiber Arts Cruise Book


I finally finished the book I started on my Fabulous Fiber Arts and Creative Embroidery Cruise to Alaska, hosted by Quilting Arts. The class was taught by Beryl Taylor and Patricia Bolton and the cover is made with fabric from Beryl's fabric paper technique (see the first issue of Cloth Paper Scissors). I had most of the cover done on the trip, but I finally got around with filling the watercolor pages with words, pictures, stamping, and things to fill the pockets I created. The fabric paper was backed with felt and the edge was covered with strips of sheer ribbon, handstitched and tiny beads added. The Canada goose picture was a transfer done on habatoi silk--I loved this technique, because I never get all the paper off with tranfers, but it didn't matter, because you flip it to the other side of the silk and you get a clear (although backwards) image, with just enough of that ghostly distortion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland Erica! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog regularly to keep up with what you're working on:)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.