Saturday, August 25, 2007

Intro





Hello everyone!
I admit, I am the last person I ever thought would start a blog, mainly because I always pictured them in the context of how I saw the teens I work with use them as a "Dear Diary" format that often led to a lot of drama and hurt feelings in the real world. And then I started looking at the other blogs of amazing artists and realized, this could also be used as a wonderful tool! My goal is to use this blog to talk about things I am working on to talk my thoughts out on what I'm working on and hopefully get feedback on some other things to do or try! So above here are some pics of things I am working on currently.
The blue knitted thing was supposed to be half of a stole, but unfortunately, I spun the yarn too thick and I also had the stitches on too small of needles, so they got squished together. So I still have to do the second half (now the same way to match), but it will be too small for a stole and a really thick scarf, so I'm not sure what I'll do. Definitely not the lacy pattern I had in mind when I looked at the pattern photo, but that's mainly user error!
The ball of yarn I just recently spun, isn't it gorgeous? Its a blend of llama, wool and mohair and was dyed by Black North Fiber in Hilton, NY. I love the combination of blue, ochre, and sienna brown. And its so soft! I just have to figure out what to do with it. I had to spin it woolen and I am still getting used to this (as opposed to worsted), so its definitely not even.
And then there's my embellisher experiments! I just got one a few weeks ago after going on the Fiber Arts Cruise held by Quilting Arts in July, its such a fun toy! However, both of these pieces need something. I tried free motion stitching on sewing machine, but my machine really is not equipped to do it and it didn't work at all. So I am going to add some hand stitching and then post them again, hoping they will look much better.
Ok, those are the current projects I'm working on or have completed. Any feedback or questions, let me know!

No comments: